2019 Homesteading Permaculture Internship
June 18th – October 2nd, 2019*
*End date is flexible based on college class start dates
*Our growing season spans April 2nd – October 26th. You are welcome (and encouraged!) to arrive any time after April 1st to live on the farm and work as a volunteer prior to the internship starting, and to stay after the internship ends! Just let us know if this is something you are interested in!
- Community housing with beds: rustic, simple, and off grid
- WI-FI and electricity available in reference library
- Shared outdoor kitchenette
- Beautiful outdoor shower house with hot and cold water
Food and Community:
- Produce from the garden is available in season
- Self-organized meals in a shared kitchen
- Community life consisting of impromptu group meals, bonfires, social time, dancing, music, yoga, etc.
Your Work Day:
- Farm week is Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30am-5:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday: Hands on farm and garden management and greenboard lectures
- Thursdays: Modern homesteading workshops and group projects
- Saturdays: Whiteboard Permaculture Design lectures
$2,000 for the 3 month intensive.*
*This includes a $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete this application
- Attach three letters of recommendation
- Leave phone number to be contacted for interview
- This internship is open to those 18-35 years of age
Only 10 spots, apply now to reserve yours!
The program is first come first serve and space is limited.
New Commuter’s Internship Option!
Come to the school for class, but sleep in your own home back in town! Please just note that you are interested in the Commuter Option on your Internship application!
Open to those 16-35 years old.