Come get dirty with us and join us for a three month Homesteading Permaculture Internship!
Nestled in a lush valley on the Olympic Peninsula in western Washington, we are a community of plant whisperers, soil (and sheep!) shepherds, and passionate co-collaborators with the sun, the microbes, the water, and the land. We have dirt under our fingernails, and we listen to stories told by bees. We ask questions of trees and we fill our bellies with marion berries and laughter. We see by moonlight and we are learning and relearning our role of reciprocity with this earth.
The Dirt Rich School is an educational permaculture farm and modern homestead that shares radical land-based living and practical alternatives to capitalism. We believe in sharing the skills and knowledge to reconnect with the land. And we need you to join us.
Participation in the Permaculture Design Internship will bring you:
- A Permaculture Design Certificate through hands-on study and application
- Small scale farming, modern homesteading & radical homemaking both as a livelihood and a lifestyle
- A compassionate community of humans, vegetables, apple trees, Icelandic sheep, and roses
- Experience with the cycles of a working textile farm, from birth to yarn
- Permaculture ethics and principals manifested in a living system
We are living in a shifting world. Facing real challenges of environmental change against a backdrop of generational disconnect with land-based living, The Dirt Rich School is sharing the knowledge to bring us back to the dirt and back into balance with our ecosystems. This program will empower you to become a steward of the land and to provide yourself and your community with nourishing energy, resources, and food.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive your Permaculture Design Certificate from the Dirt Rich School.
This program is for you if…
- You want to grow your own healthy food in a way that honors the land and increases its fertility.
- You wish to work confidently and compassionately with animals.
- You want to create a healthy lifestyle, and make a living doing it.
- You want to learn the principles of permaculture design through hands-on study.
- You’ve done a Permaculture Design Course but still don’t know how to apply it, or are wondering what’s next.
- You want to be more than a consumer; you want to be a producer.
- You feel concern for the state of the environment and want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- You crave community in the company of others who share your vision for a regenerative future.
The Dirt Rich School is a great place to gain direction, learn new skills and emerge empowered. Whether you are a beginner, or an experienced practitioner, we believe that hands-on experience will give you the confidence to create your own sustainable future.
If you are exploring the idea of farm/gardening as a vocation or lifestyle, or just looking for a skills-based education, this is the program for you!
Can’t commit to a three month stay? Check out our 12 week lecture series and earn your Permaculture Design Certificate by attending one lecture per week!